Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 13

Today was a good day! In the morning I did some tutorials on ImageJ. I think it is very similar to photoshop but meant for astronomy and other scientific applications. I'm not really sure what exactly I'm supposed to be learning on it though because I'm not sure yet how I will be using it. We visited Matt and Jason's lab today. As far as I understand, they are improving a program that projects an image of the sun with different wavelengths onto what looks like an enormous beach ball. Also you can use Wii remotes to spin the projection of the sun around and click on different points to learn fun facts about it. It was pretty cool! The cookout today was really fun and we played a very entertaining game of apples to apples. Also, we played frisbee for awhile which was interesting because I am not a very gifted frisbee-thrower. or catcher. Anyways, after lunch I went back to working with ImageJ and researching the chemical makeup of PN. Monday I'm going to ask Joel for some direction on what to do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment